Skip to Main Content

Creator and Artist Stories

Meet AlexanderCarpenter, your October “On The Rise” YouTube Partner

By Devon Storbeck

YouTube Partner Support

Congratulations to Alex Carpenter, whose channel AlexanderCarpenter received the most votes for the October On The Rise poll, and his channel will be featured on the YouTube homepage today.

Looking for videos that draw on late ‘90s TV shows to offer suggestions for surviving the Apocalypse? Perhaps songs inspired by literature are more your style. Or maybe you’d prefer to catch Alex on tour with his band, The Remus Lupins. For these pop-culture preferences and more, Alex is here to bring you a mix of vlogs, music and entertainment.

And finally, Alex wanted to share a few of his own words on his success and gratitude for your support:


I think I have the coolest job in the world. For the past 6 years, I have gotten to play all sorts of nerdy music, travel around the world performing my songs and basically live out every geek's fantasy. Now I can add to that getting to be featured on the front page of one of the interwebs' most visited websites. My mom hasn't been this proud of me since I learned to do the Live Long and Prosper symbol with my hand. None of it would have been possible without the support of my amazing friends though, and I must take a moment to say thank you for the incredible outpouring of encouragement from those who enjoy the silly things I put out onto the internet. I owe you all a milkshake next time I see you. Thank you so much, and remember: Be Brilliant.

If you’ve enjoyed this monthly On The Rise blog series and want to see more rising YouTube partners, check out our On The Rise channel or look for our playlists on the browse page. Keep an eye out for next month’s blog post, as your channel may be the next one On The Rise!

Subscribe